If you missed the last post about the shipping container that is going to Haiti this fall, you can read about it here.
For those of you who have asked about how you can help with items for the shipping container, here’s a great idea: You can shop online and have your items shipped directly to Healing Hands International. Many websites offer free shipping on larger or heavier items (Amazon.com, Walmart.com, etc), so you can find a great deal and send things directly to the place where they will be loaded on the container.
When filling out shipping information make sure to include Roberta’s name so that Healing Hands will know what to do with your package when it shows up.
Roberta Edwards c/o Healing Hands International 455 McNally Drive • Nashville, Tennessee 37211
If you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to email us – firstname.lastname@example.org
Would you like to receive updates in your inbox? Click here and scroll to the bottom of the right-hand column to subscribe to the blog!
The list for the shipping container is copied below.
- Powdered Milk (150 cases)
- Baby Formula
- Hand Sanitizer
- Sanitary napkins
- Deodorant (men and women)
- Rubbing alcohol and peroxide
- Shampoo and conditioner (moisturizing types)
- Toothpaste and toothbrushes
- Clorox or Lysol wipes
- Mosquito spray (with DEET)
- Canned meats: tuna, mackerel, salmon, pork, ham, viennas, spam, chicken
- Canned fruit: fruit cocktail, peaches, pears, pineapple, mandarin oranges, apple sauce, tropical fruit, apple and cherry pie filling
- Canned vegetables: corn, tomato paste, tomato sauce, tomato crushed, tomato whole, green beans, lima beans, mixed vegetables, peas
- Commercial rabbit food
- Chicken food for laying hens
- food for the security guard forces ( 50lb bags of dog food)
- 6 foot white board for the school of preaching
- sewing material: remnants and bolts welcome. Cotton, washable and bright colors. (to support the Dorcas ladies of Santo)
- square fold up card tables or 4 foot rectangular small table (4)
- Kitty litter for our rodent exterminating crew
- Computer printing paper (1 box)
- 2 – 12 foot stepladders
- heavy duty extension cords (6)
- oscillating and box fans
- Gas stove for the guesthouse (propane gas connectors)