Haiti Shipping Container
The following is a wish list from Roberta. The list includes items that can be purchased and added to a shipping container that will go to Haiti in September. Please consider contributing items or donating money to go toward the shipping costs. You can also help by sharing this list with your congregation. Estes in not currently a collection point for donated items, but if you have questions regarding the container shipment, the contacts are: Larry Waymire Lwaymire@gmail.com or 731-798-0136 and Harry Hames firstname.lastname@example.org or 256-616-5235.
Another 40 foot container is being prepared to be sent to Haiti. The items collected will be used to support the needs of approximately 350 children in the Port au Prince area and the new school of preaching. Healing Hands International in Nashville, TN has agreed to be the collection point and shipper of the container. All items to be clearly labeled in boxes or plastic totes with an explanation of what is inside of the box. If more than one box is given, please have a inventory listing what is in each of your boxes.
When purchasing food items, if at all possible, please purchase items in cases for easier shipping.
Funds are also being raised for the shipping and customs fees for this container. The cost will be $12,000.
- Powdered Milk (150 cases)
- Baby Formula
- Hand Sanitizer
- Sanitary napkins
- Deodorant (men and women)
- Rubbing alcohol and peroxide
- Shampoo and conditioner (moisturizing types)
- Toothpaste and toothbrushes
- Clorox or Lysol wipes
- Mosquito spray (with DEET)
- Canned meats: tuna, mackerel, salmon, pork, ham, viennas, spam, chicken
- Canned fruit: fruit cocktail, peaches, pears, pineapple, mandarin oranges, apple sauce, tropical fruit, apple and cherry pie filling
- Canned vegetables: corn, tomato paste, tomato sauce, tomato crushed, tomato whole, green beans, lima beans, mixed vegetables, peas
- Commercial rabbit food
- Chicken food for laying hens
- food for the security guard forces ( 50lb bags of dog food)
- 6 foot white board for the school of preaching
- sewing material: remnants and bolts welcome. Cotton, washable and bright colors. (to support the Dorcas ladies of Santo)
- square fold up card tables or 4 foot rectangular small table (4)
- Kitty litter for our rodent exterminating crew
- Computer printing paper (1 box)
- 2 – 12 foot stepladders
- heavy duty extension cords (6)
- oscillating and box fans
- Gas stove for the guesthouse (propane gas connectors)
Thank you for any support that you can give to this project. Please continue to pray for the work in Haiti.