What is the world searching for?
According to a release from biblegateway.com the following is a list of the top ten Bible verses searched for on their website. It is interesting to see what people have need of just from skimming through a list of most searched Bible verses. My challenge to the church at Estes is to share at least one of these verses with someone outside the church this week. The world is yearning for truth, will you share it?
10. Proverbs 3:6 “In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.” (KJV)
9. Psalm 23:4 “Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.” (NIV)
8. 1 Corinthians 13:4 “Love is patient, love is kind, it isn’t jealous, it doesn’t brag, it isn’t arrogant….” (CEB)
7. Proverbs 3:5 “With all your heart you must trust the Lord and not your own judgment.” (CEV)
6. Romans 12:2 “Do not conform yourselves to the standards of this world, but let God transform you inwardly by a complete change of your mind. Then you will be able to know the will of God—what is good and is pleasing to him and is perfect.” (GNT)
5. Philippians 4:6 “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.” (ESV)
4. Romans 8:28 “We know that all things work together for good for those who love God, who are called according to his purpose.” (NRSV)
3. Philippians 4:13 “I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.” (NASB)
2. Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.” (NLT)
1. John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” (NIV)
— Steven Marise