2016 Goals for the Estes Church of Christ
Each January the Estes elders have a one day retreat at Chickasaw State Park. We spend the day talking about the Lord’s work at Estes. We finalize the budget for the coming year, talk about possible sermon topics, discuss the spiritual and physical needs of our congregation and in general try to find ways to push forward the cause of Christ. Toward the end of our day we set concrete goals for our work as elders of this wonderful congregation of believers. Below are the goals we have set for ourselves for 2016.
Short Term Goals
- Continue to strengthen programs such as Connections, 6-2 ministry, and Visitation program to build stronger relationships and promote spiritual growth among members and non-members.
- Add at least one more classroom to better utilize the office area or Scott house.
- Evaluate each mission point for which we are the sponsoring congregation.
- Begin onsite visit rotation of our mission points.
- Have at least one congregational meeting.
- Have at least one group meeting with the deacons.
- Add a new stateside mission.
- Strengthen our local outreach program by starting a database of area visitors and starting regular communications to them.
- Implement Phase 1 of the Expansion Program and consider Phase 2 implementation.
Long Term Goals
- Evaluate Phase 3 and Phase 4 of the Expansion Program.
- Develop themed weekend seminars to serve our members and our community.
– Richard Taylor